Thursday, June 14, 2012

Patchwork - Diwan cover

Sriramapura , a place in Bangalore is also called "Chindi Bazar",("Chindi" in Kannada  means Rag) which is a heaven for cotton cloth lovers(buyers). Here cotton cloths are sold not by the length but by the  weight. So it works out cheaper.Sometimes I will take you there, through my post :-). I buy cotton cloths for quilts , from "Chindi Bazar". Recently when I visited this market I found a white cotton cloth with bold prints.

The print is very unique ,bird is feeding its younger ones and another bird is bringing food. I found it very attractive so bought the cloth. As per my knowledge about the fabric , its called Chintz (Cloth) print. 
We have a Diwan at home.  I thought of using the cloth to make a cover for the Diwan.Cut the cloth along the black border and made square pieces. Then stitched those on  a Orange color cotton cloth. Used Black and White , printed cloth as the border.
Closer view




Black and White combination goes well with any color. Isn't it?

Love , laugh and live the life to the fullest,
-Ranjana

No comments:

Post a Comment