Sunday, June 24, 2012

Gudigaragalli- Street of Handicrafts

Today taking you through street of handicraft. This street in mainly famous for wood-craft. If you walk down this street, you will feel you have entered a world of arts and craft.
The name of the street is Gudigaragalli(Gudigar- temple artisan or craftsman, Galli means street ). Its in my native place Kumta. Gudigararu- is group of people, and their traditional profession is wood carving. They are very skilled people and artisans. 
You can know about  Gudigars here.

I can say , their contributions to arts have made my native famous worldwide! I'm really proud to take you through this street of Handicraft:
From outside itself you can see the shop is filled with many statues and other handicraft items.
Some more shops along the street Gudigaragalli.




I know, you are eager to see their works in detail. Even I'm enthusiastic  to to share about their work. So in next post, I will take  you to one of my favorite shops.

Until then,
Love , laugh and live the life to the fullest,
-Ranjana

No comments:

Post a Comment