Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Krishna Idol in different costumes

Shri Krishna - considered as great politician, management Guru, philosopher who preached the "Bhagvadgeeta" to the world through Arjuna,  lover of Radha,.... Among all the Hindu mythological personalities, I like Krishna the most.
Krishna Janmashtami- the day when the birth of Krishna is celebrated by Hindus. This brings me the memories of  my visit to Brindavan, the land of Radha Krishna. I was mesmerized by  the temple, beutiful idols of Radha Krishna and of course the tasty Lassi :-).  While returning, I could see many shops selling many idols of Krishna. The one attracted me most is this one :
Very attractive ! I could see many beautiful costumes there, which were in different colors. When I asked the shop keeper , he explained me that , in Brindavan , it is a tradition to decorate the idol with different costumes and worship it on Krishna Janmashtami. .
Even I bought one more costume for my Krishna idol :-)Here it is:
Krishna Janmashtami, Brindavan
You can see that cute crown. And on the occasion of  Krishna Janamshtami, I wanted to see my Krishna idol in red costume , 
Krishna Janmashtami, Brindavan
Krishna Janmashtami, Brindavan

Isn't it artistic way to worship Krishna?

Love , laugh and live the life to the fullest,
-Ranjana 

No comments:

Post a Comment