Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Collection of Batik paintings I have

Batik painting ancient type of painting which is made using wax and chemicals. These are basically from Indonesia , but Indian artists have developed their own style. This art has majorly flourished in West Bengal, Orissa and Andhra Pradesh . You can read about batik painting in this link .
I tried to learn Batik, but till now not successful. I tried it , but it was a disaster :-). You can see the batik disaster here :
Batik Painting
The painting is of 3 elephants, but in any angle these are  not looking like elephants. I'm trying to recognize it, I think its looking like lizard... !
Whatever, I will try it again. But I have a good collection of Batik painting- I have some good sarees, dress materials and paintings. These are the one I bought recently from an artisan of West Bengal:
Both are dress materials, planning to embroider on it. But sometimes getting confused, will the embroidery spoil the beauty of the painting . Can you please suggest ?

Love , laugh and live the life to the fullest,
-Ranjana

No comments:

Post a Comment