Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Handicapped in body, but not in spirit(IMFPA)

One day when I returned home, my son gave an envelope  he had received from the postman. But it was not mine. That was addressed to my neighbour, who had vacated the house. I called her told about this letter and also asked her for their new address to send it to her. She told not to send that , and also told me to keep that as gift from her. Gift!? I just laughed and told her what a gift !  an undelivered letter?!. Uh... She told me to see the contents in the envelope and then tell about the gift. Still I was not convinced, I thought she is making fun.
Whatever, I though gift is a gift, let me see this gift. On that envelope I saw it was written as :
Very interesting! When  I opened the envelope , I could see bunch of  greeting cards. Those are special cards, because they had beautiful paintings printed on those, very beautiful scenery  on them .

Very beautiful! 
Some of the cards have floral paintings on them :

And one of those had a cute teddy painted on that
I was happy to see these cards. On the backside of the card  I saw it was written, "Mouth and Foot Painting Artists" , which raised my curiosity and the website address was also given there - www.imfpa.co.in 
.I read about each of the artists.I was astonished to know that all the paintings were drawn by disabled artists.(Sorry, I can't call them as disabled).

I called my friend again and thanked her for giving these special gift.

 I have decided to buy some cards from these artists, not for charity. They don't need charity
Its rightly written on the website " Handicapped in body, but not in spirit". 

Love , laugh and live the life to the fullest,
-Ranjana

No comments:

Post a Comment