Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Theme Saree- At last my Deepavali saree is designed

This is what happens with me! For any occasion I wish to design a saree or dress, for that occasion, it will not be completed :-(. This is the saree, I wanted to design and wear on last Deepavali. But as usual could not.
It has screen printing, machine embroidery and Kalamkari patch work on it.
The cloth and the lace I bought are here:

The cloth is fine crepe. Liked the lace,it has unique design!Isn't it?
I wanted to design the saree with a theme. As the lace has design of pots on that, decided paint it with" lady bringing water in pot" design. In some handicraft shop I got Kalmakari and embroiderd patches of lady holding water pot. I had screen with motif of " lady holding pot" , design. Used all of these and the final outcome is below.
Stitched  both the laces  along the border and screen printed with the lady holding the pot design along it.And also attached antique Gold color chamkis in between.
Here is the closer view of the border:

The pallu has Kalamkari patches and embroidered patches along with antique Gold Chamkis:

Closer view of the patches:

The blouse is Khadi silk.

As it has earthy  color , I thought of Terracotta jewellery , but could not get proper one. So going ahead with Silver Jewellery with brown stones:

I don't have a mannequin to display the Saree. Trying to display it on the floor :-)
I've named this as theme Saree, since complete Saree is designed on a theme. This is liked by some of my friends, some of them have asked me to design theme Sarees for them.  Hope to design some more theme sarees. Hope they don't have to wait long for that!  :-)

Love , laugh and live the life to the fullest,
-Ranjana


No comments:

Post a Comment